There are numerous remote communities around the world. One Canadian government Task Group defines “remote” as a community that either is a long distance from highly populated settlements or lacks transportation links that are typical in more populated areas. Often these remote communities are not connected to central electrical grids. Many of these remote communities around the world have significant energy and building infrastructure needs. Loraxian has energy and building infrastructure platforms that address these needs.
Many remote communities use diesel-powered, energy generation systems as their only power source, which is expensive to operate, maintain and can be environmentally dangerous. A renewable energy generation microgrid solution is the perfect solution to provide energy for onsite consumption. Solutions normally are not connected to the electrical grid.
Loraxian has a platform to help remote communities address their energy infrastructure requirements.
Many remote communities around the globe are looking for innovative methods to address significant needs in building renewal and expansion. Building renewal is the renewing of all aspects of an existing building, whereas, building expansion is the building of a new structure. Some of the issues remote communities may face when addressing building renewal include:
- the delivered cost of construction materials can be quite costly
- skilled labour for both building renewal and expansion may be limited or unavailable.
Loraxian has a platform to help remote communities address both building renewal and expansion.
There is one platform that Loraxian created to deliver its infrastructure development programs to remote communities:
- Energy generation infrastructure for local community use (off-grid)
- All building infrastructure
Sectors: Remote communities
The Loraxian Platform 1 provides remote communities with an opportunity to avoid large capital expenditures and variable operational costs on urgently-needed infrastructure projects, and a turnkey delivery of development, design, procurement, construction / installation, finance, operation, maintenance and monitoring at a fixed-cost budget for the life of the project.
Infrastructure projects can avoid delays due to a lack of capital or barriers to raising capital, and can now properly forecast and budget operational costs long-term. Other benefits to remote communities include:
- Focus on long term community and organizational betterment – Loraxian’s process of providing unbiased, unpressured, professional advice frees up remote communities to plan for the long term and to plan for the use of infrastructure assets with a remote community-centred focus.
- Greater control – Loraxian’s use of real-time budget validation and data monitoring systems using data analytics provide an up-to-the-moment understanding of how assets are performing, thereby providing significant control over their management.
- Increased peace of mind – with a focus on transparency and experienced unbiased advice, the remote community participant has the peace of mind knowing its best interests are always prioritized.
- Operational effectiveness – Loraxian’s structure significantly streamlines data gathering, decision-making and processes, all in a turnkey solution leveraging seasoned experts made available to the remote community participant.
- Budget planning made easy – since Loraxian’s Platform 1 provides budget-neutrality and cost certainty for the expected life of the asset, this platform effectively controls rising infrastructure costs. This allows for much easier long-term infrastructure budget planning.